Hours & Admission
Plan for your upcoming visit to VanDusen Botanical Garden and Bloedel Conservatory. For information on how to get here, click here!
Please note, the hours and admission for VanDusen Botanical Garden and Bloedel Conservatory change seasonally.
+-VanDusen Botanical Garden Hours & Admission
Hours of Operation
January 10am – 3pm February 10am – 3pm March 10am – 5pm April 9am – 6pm May 9am – 7 pm June, July & August 9am – 8pm September 9am – 6pm October 10am – 5pm* November 10am – 3pm December 10am – 3pm December – Festival of Lights TBD December 25 CLOSED
*From October 16 – 27 we will be closing an hour earlier at 4pm due to GLOW event.
Winter/Spring Spring/Summer Fall/Winter Jan 1-Mar 31
Apr 1- Sept 30
Oct 1-Dec 31
Adult (19-64) $8.00 $11.25 $8.00 Senior (65+) $5.50 $8.45 $5.50 Youth (13-18) $5.50 $8.45 $5.50 Child (4-12) $4.25 $5.50 $4.25 Children 3 and younger Free Free Free VBGA Members Free Free Free
Please note that special pricing applies during some events. See Events Calendar for more details.
Groups of 10 or more people paying together receive 10% off their regular admission price.
If you have any questions, please contact the Administration office at 604.257.8666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
+-Bloedel Conservatory Hours & Admission
Hours of Operation
November, December, January, February & March 10 am – 5 pm April 10 am – 6 pm May, June, July & August 10 am – 8 pm September & October 10 am – 6 pm*
The Bloedel Conservatory is open 7 days a week (except Christmas Day, Dec 25).
Admission Rates (excluding GST)
Adult (19-64) $6.50 Senior (65+) $4.35 Youth (13-18) $4.35 Child (4-12) $3.15 Children 3 years and younger Free
Groups of 10 or more people paying together receive 10% off their general admission price.
Click here for information on booking weddings, professional photography sessions and other event rentals at Bloedel Conservatory.
+-VanDusen Group photography and weddings
The group photography rate applies for photo shoots for a wedding, engagement, family group, graduation, etc. The rates also apply for a small wedding ceremony of 15 or fewer people (prices exclude GST).
– Up to 4 people $90.00
– 5 to 8 people $174.00
– 9 to 15 people $246.00
– If there are more than 15 people, each additional person receives 10% off his/her regular admission price.
– Photographer/videographer receives free admission
*Please note, the use of drones is not permitted in the Garden.
Reservations are not required
One person pays the cashier for the whole group
No ‘props’ (chairs, arbours, tables, sound system)
Choose areas off the main walkways
Avoid main attraction areas (Rose Garden, Gazebos, Perennial Garden, etc.)
Avoid the Great Lawn, Heron Lake and Alma VanDusen Garden/Meadow Ponds area, as these are rented spaces
+-How to enjoy the Garden
- Take in the fresh air – and please, no smoking (it’s the law).
- Certified and clearly identified guide dogs are welcome – but please do not bring any other animals (e.g. dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, fish, etc.).
- Stretch your legs – the Garden is a fabulous place in which to walk. Rollerblades, skate boards, bicycles and tricycles are not permitted (baby strollers are fine).
- Wander and explore – but please avoid walking in the plant beds.
- Help us protect the special collection by not picking plants or flowers, or by removing any of the plant labels.
- Please play with balls, frisbees and other sports equipment at a public park and not in the botanical Garden.
- Enjoy the wildlife – birds, turtles, geese, ducks, fish etc. To ensure they stay wild, please do not feed them.