Are you interested in joining our team? See below for current employment opportunities.
If you are looking for volunteer opportunities, please read about our positions available here.
+-Spring Break Camp Leaders
Vancouver Botanical Gardens Association is seeking a spring break camp leader to deliver day camps for children ages 5-10 at VanDusen Botanical Garden. VanDusen’s spring break camps promote environmental stewardship and a love of the natural world through a fun blend of science, gardening, games, crafts and garden exploration.
- Deliver 9 days of various themed spring break camps
- Provide campers with an educational, fun and meaningful experience
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of campers
- Communicate effectively with parents
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education in education, ecology or biology
- Experience working with groups of children in a camp situation
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather, leading energetic activities and games
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully as part of a team
- Dedication to environmental awareness and sustainable living
- Current certification in standard first aid AND recent Criminal Records Check (or willingness to obtain prior to start date)
Availability & Eligibility
Required full-time, Monday to Friday from March 19th to March 23rd and Monday to Thursday from March 26th to March 29th, 8:30 am- 4:30 pm.
$16.00 per hour (8 hours per day for a total of 9 days)
Closing date for applications: Friday November 27, 2017
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Chantal Martin, Youth Programs Coordinator