+-Summer Camp Leaders
Vancouver Botanical Gardens Association is seeking three summer camp leaders to plan and deliver day camps for children ages 5-10 at VanDusen Botanical Garden
VanDusen’s summer camps promote environmental stewardship and a love of the natural world through a fun blend of science, gardening, games, crafts and garden exploration. This year’s camps feature botany and ecology, growing and eating fresh food, birds, and citizen science.
- Plan and deliver all components of the differently themed Summer Camps
- Provide campers with an educational, fun and meaningful experience
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of campers
- Supervise a team of high school volunteers
- Communicate effectively with parents
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 2 years post-secondary education in education, ecology or biology
- Experience working with groups of children (5-10 yrs) in a camp situation
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather, leading energetic activities and games
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and respectfully as part of a team
- Dedication to environmental awareness and sustainable living
- Current certification in standard first aid AND recent Criminal Records Check (or willingness to obtain prior to start date)
Availability & Eligibility
Required full-time, Monday to Friday from June 5 – August 29, 2017
This position is funded in part by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. To be eligible to apply you must be currently registered as a full-time student (under 30yrs of age) and intending to return to full-time school in fall 2017.
$15.00 per hour (40 hrs per week)
Closing date for applications: Thursday April 27, 2017
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Gillian Drake, Education Director
Thank you in advance for your interest. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.